The purpose of the Art curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to allow our students to learn how to interpret and create images.
- encourage the creativity of our students, building their interpretative and technical skills and enhancing their understanding of the power of images and sculpture to communicate their views of the world.
- to incorporate the following: historical, contemporary, social, cultural and issues-based contexts, techniques and aesthetics to inspire and to evolve these in response to the needs of our students’ projects.
- to enable our students to confidently develop ideas, themes, subjects and understand how feelings can inspire creative responses.
- to support our students’ understanding of how visual language can communicate personal ideas, meanings and responses.
- to allow our students to critically reflect upon their creative journey encouraging them to have independent views and opinions, over time.
|Mrs Bassant||Joint Head of Art/Design|
|Mrs Williams||Joint Head of Art/Design|
|Mrs Jones||Teacher of Art/Design|
|Miss Mitchell||Teacher of Art/Photography & Design Technology|
|Ms Barnes||Teacher of Art/Design|
|Ms Pasierkiewicz||Teacher of Art/Photography|
|Mr Pasierkiewicz||Teacher of Art/Photography|
Courses offered in KS4 & KS5
GCSE Fine Art
GCSE 3D Design
A-Level Fine Art
A-Level Three-Dimensional Design
A-Level Graphic Communication