The purpose of the Geography curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to provide all our students with an understanding of the complex and dynamic world we live in.
- to help students apply knowledge of key physical and human processes to diverse places, landscapes and locations in more traditional themes such as Rivers, Coasts and Population
- to encourage our students to question our complex and dynamic world by navigating more contemporary themes in Geography such as Superpowers, Water Insecurity and Energy Issues.
- to support our students’ understanding of the attitudes and actions of various players towards these future issues.
- to exploit the subject’s relevance to our students through an enquiry-based approach. inquisitive learners, consider their own place in the world and question the world around them. We want to help our students answer these questions.
|Mr Dunn||Head of Geography|
|Mr Edwards||Assistant Headteacher|
|Mrs Stone||Deputy Head of Year 9/Teacher of Geography|
|Mrs Thompson||Teacher of Geography/Professional Mentor|
|Mr Collins||Teacher of Geography|
|Mr Barker||Teacher of Geography|
Courses offered in KS4 & KS5