The purpose of the Science curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to share our passion for Science.
- to allow our students to develop a curiosity for the world around them
- to enable our students to not just be able to use modern technology but to develop an appreciation for how it works.
- to allow our students to appreciate the progress we have made as humans and how the ideas and concepts that we take for granted now were once new and often controversial.
- to dispel our students’ misconceptions about how science and technology work.
- to develop critical thinking skills, making our students rational, confident young people who can make a positive contribution to society.
- to develop our students’ problem solving skills and resilience through the teaching of challenging, abstract concepts.
- to prepare students for the world of work by equipping them with the aforementioned skills, regardless of whether they work in a scientific field or not.
|Mr Scott||Head of Science|
|Mr Bassi||Deputy Head of Science|
|Ms Riddell||Deputy Head of Science|
|Ms Samuels||Deputy Headteacher/Teacher of Science|
|Ms Jaiyeoba||Head of Year 8/Teacher of Science|
|Mr Michelsen||Deputy Head of Year 7/Teacher of Science|
|Miss Crews||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Day||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Doe||Deputy Head of Year 11 / Teacher of Science|
|Mr Heaton||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Hollands||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Johnson||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Midgeley||KS3 Lead / Teacher of Science|
Courses offered in KS4 & KS5