The purpose of the Performing Arts curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to develop in our students a sense of self-confidence which will support them throughout their lives, both today and in their futures.
- to equip our students with a toolkit of life skills – presentation, negotiation, teamwork and creativity – that they can apply, not only to a Drama lesson but to the wider school community and beyond.
- to develop our students’ imaginations and creativity to create new and exciting work in both writing and through performance.
- to encourage our students to take creative and artistic risks in order to develop their awareness of themselves and the world around them.
- to build, refine and master a range of performance skills by exploring a wide variety of texts, practitioners and styles including classical, contemporary, British and cultural.
- to develop an appreciation of performance, both live and recorded, and the impact and influence this can have on our lives.
|Ms Cordell||Head of Performing Arts|
|Mr Knights||Teacher of Drama|