It is the whole school's duty to ensure we are hitting the Gatsby Benchmarks and embedding careers across all subject areas. Ofsted and parents will be asking teachers: 'What do you do for careers in the curriculum?'
If you need a reminder of the Gatsby Benchmarks:
- Identify why students are learning certain subject material and make it relevant to students by relating content to career possibilities and employment pathways
- Talk about your own career pathway and interests
- Invite an ex-pupil in to talk about their career journey or study pathway to inspire new learners
- Get a guest speaker in, relating to your subject
- Include a careers talk on any school trips you take part in
- Use Unifrog resources and careers library in your lessons
- Relate careers to LMI & future employment prospects
Click here for more resources to help you to link your subject to careers
Do you have a student that could benefit from some 1-2-1 guidance? Visit the Careers Guidance page.