The purpose of the Photography curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to support our students to interpret and create images.
- to build the creativity of our students, developing their interpretative and technical skills, and enhancing their understanding of the power of photography to help them communicate their views of the world.
- to incorporate the following: historical, contemporary, social, cultural and issues-based contexts, techniques and aesthetics to inspire our students and for these to evolve in response to the needs of the students’ projects.
- to allow our students to confidently develop ideas, themes, subjects and understand how feelings can inspire creative responses.
- to enable our students will understand how visual language can communicate personal ideas, meanings, and responses.
- to support our students to critically reflect upon their creative journey encouraging them to have independent views and opinions, over time.
|Miss Mitchell||Teacher of Art/Photography & Design Technology|
|Ms Pasierkiewicz||Teacher of Art/Photography|
|Mr Pasierkiewicz||Teacher of Art/Photography|
|Miss Swanston||Teacher of Art/Photography|
Courses offered in KS4 & KS5